Cheese sticks that have been coated in batter and then deep-fried till golden brown and crisp are delightful snacks that have been around for a very long time. They are the ideal finger food to serve with homemade marinara sauce during a gathering. If you follow this recipe, you will learn how to create them in your kitchen in a hurry and with little effort.
Appetizers that can be prepared quickly and easily are perfect for gatherings or for feeding a bigger audience. These Homemade Fried Mozzarella Cheese Sticks are a wonderful appetizer and finger snack that can be enjoyed by the entire family. We prefer to prepare a greater quantity of these so that we may enjoy them for many days in a row.
If you want to know more about cheese sticks snacks, then keep reading this article!
Ingredients Required To Cook Mozzarella
- People often use mozzarella and cheddar when they make cheese string. On the other hand, you might use your preferred kind of cheese sticks instead.
- Either Panko bread crumbs or Italian bread crumbs are excellent choices since they are both quite crunchy. You may, however, use normal bread crumbs in their place if you don’t have any panko on hand.
- For example, Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper are all examples of seasonings.
- 1. Large egg
- 2. Buttermilk
- Oil: For frying at a high temperature, choose oils that have a high smoke point, such as canola or vegetable oil.
How To Make Mozzarella Cheese
You’ll find the whole step-by-step recipe for these fried mozzarella sticks further down the page, but in the meantime, here’s what you can anticipate when you prepare them:
1. Make Breading
In three separate bowls, put the following: Combine the water and egg, the bread crumbs and garlic salt, and the cornstarch and flour in a separate bowl.
2. Fry Cheese Sticks
In a large, heavy saucepan, bring the oil to a temperature of 365 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat each mozzarella stick, one at a time, first in the flour mixture, then in the egg mixture, and last in the bread crumbs that have been seasoned with garlic. Put the sticks into the heated oil, and cook them for approximately a minute, or until they have a golden brown color. Paper towels should be used to absorb excess oil from the fried mozzarella sticks.
3. Mozzarella Sticks Sauce
Marinara is, without a doubt, the sauce that is used the most often in conjunction with mozzarella cheese sticks (make our simple Marinara Dipping Sauce or buy jarred sauce at the store). Not into marinara? Make a change with one of these entertaining suggestions:
- Southwest Dipping Sauce
- Sriracha Aioli
- Garlic Sauce
- Aioli Sauce
How To Store Mozzarella Sticks?
Homemade mozzarella sticks may be kept in the refrigerator for up to five days if they are sealed in an airtight container after they have been fully cooled. Paper towels should be used to line the container so that any surplus oil may be absorbed.
Can You Freeze Mozzarella Sticks?
Yes, you can freeze mozzarella sticks. After allowing them to cool down, spread them out in a single layer on a baking sheet, cover them, and place it in the freezer for a few hours or overnight. After the sticks have been frozen, place them in a bag with a zip-top closure and mark it with the current date. Put the item in the freezer for up to three months.
How To Reheat Mozzarella Sticks?
Reheat mozzarella sticks that have been stored in the refrigerator or freezer in the oven. Place the cheese sticks that have been chilled in an oven that has been warmed to 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 5 minutes, or until they are completely cooked through. Place frozen cheese sticks in an oven that has been preheated to 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 15 minutes, or until they have reached the desired temperature.
Reasons To Use This Recipe
- No Leaking: No cheese will escape when they are being cooked since we will break them enough such that the shell will shield the cheese from the heat of the oil. In addition, we will freeze the cheese sticks before frying them so that the temperature of the cheese will be reduced before it is cooked.
- Freezing For Even Cooking: To ensure that the cheese cooks evenly throughout, we will first freeze the breaded mozzarella sticks for two hours before cooking them. This will allow the cheese to get very cold before being deep-fried. This permits the shell to adequately brown and crisp up before the cheese is subjected to excessive cooking.
- Make-ahead Friendly: Facilitates preparation in advance: whenever you create a batch of them, you always put half of them in the freezer so that you may use them at a later time. When you are ready to eat them, all that is required of you is to deep fry a batch of them. They are amenable to preparation in advance.
- Simple and Delicious: Mozzarella cheese, Italian breadcrumbs, and an egg are the only things that go into this recipe; it’s straightforward, tasty, and simple. They are ready to eat after being fried in tallow or in the fat of your choice, whatever you like. You are going to have a great time if you serve the fried mozzarella sticks with some warm marinara sauce to dip them in.
Tips For Best Results
- Use triple-layer coating: Although a double coating is required to stop the cheese from seeping out, you will find that a triple-layer coating provides an even more satisfying crunch to the finished product.
- Cut the cheese sticks smaller: When cutting the block of mozzarella into sticks, be sure to cut them smaller than you think you want them to be. This is because the cheese sticks will increase quite a bit in size when being breaded and cooked, so you need to cut them smaller than you think you want them to be.
- Keep hands-free: During the process of bread, be sure to keep your hands distinct free. You should use one hand exclusively for the egg bowl and one hand exclusively for the breadcrumb bowl. This will prevent the breading and your hands from becoming clumpy.