Some individuals believe that you don’t need to go any farther than your own body — especially the sacral chakra — to find a method to tap into your creativity, sensuality, and sexuality. The sacral chakra affirmations, sometimes referred to as the “sex chakra” by certain people, are the second of these primary chakras.
What Is A Chakra?
According to Buddhist and Hindu religions, the chakras are the points at which the physical and the spiritual converge. Each individual has seven chakras, which may be considered energy wheels that revolve and are aligned along the spine. The sacral chakra, also known as the Svadhisthana chakra in Sanskrit, is the second of the seven chakras and may be found in the lower abdomen, just below the tailbone.
Svadhisthana is a Sanskrit word that may be translated as “the dwelling place of the self,”. Some people also believe that it can mean “enjoy delight in.” The sacral chakra is associated with the body’s emotional and sexual energies and our capacity to adapt fluidly to changing circumstances.
When people are in harmony, they exude warmth and feel lively, attractive, and free to express themselves. When a person’s life is out of whack, they experience feelings of humiliation, have sexual problems, and are more likely to engage in obsessive activities and addictions.
Reproductive concerns, such as infertility, impotence, or difficulty with menstruation, as well as lower back, kidney, or stomach ailments, may be caused by a sacral chakra that is out of balance on a physical level.
How To Balance The Sacral Chakra?
Even while the chakras have the potential to become blocked by certain behaviours and imbalances in the body, mind, and soul, it is still possible for us to realign these energy centres with the use of the appropriate instruments and the proper amount of care.
For optimum levels of creativity, enjoyment, and the expression of your emotions, the following are some strategies to bring balance to your sacral chakra:
- Asana positions that focus on the sacral region should be practised. Ananda Balasana (also known as Happy Baby Pose), Utkata Konasana (also known as Goddess Pose), and Malasana are some examples of these asanas (Squat).
- Use stones and crystals to achieve a state of harmony in the sacral chakra.
- Have a relaxing soak in the tub with some essential oils.
- Explore your creative potential by keeping a diary, dancing, creating art, or doing anything else that speaks to your heart.
- Affirmations should be practised regularly.
When the energy in your sacral chakra is balanced and aligned healthily, you will have access to a source of energy that will allow you to fuel your creativity, movement, procreation, desire, pleasure, and interpersonal connections.
Regarding romantic partnerships, you won’t have any trouble communicating your goals and requirements, and gratifying your sense of pleasure will be a top concern. When your sacral chakra is in alignment, it will be much simpler for you to access your creative potential and visualise what you want.
How To Awaken The Sacral Chakra?
1. Burn Svadhisthana Incense And Essential Oils
Aromatherapy has potent therapeutic powers that may bring back sensations of sexuality and creativity in the patient. Burning purifying fragrances such as cardamom, eucalyptus, chamomile, spearmint, patchouli, ylang-ylang, rose, or clary sage is one way to awaken the sacral chakra. Other options include incense.
2. Repeat Uplifting Statements To Yourself About Creative & Sexiness
Affirmations help us establish intentions that break old behaviours and build new ones when we repeat them repeatedly. Reciting affirmations aloud, internally, or on paper can help you open the sacral chakra. You may do this in any of these three ways.
3. Performing Exercises
Asanas, the postures practised in yoga, assist in re-establishing a connection between the physical and the spiritual. While holding asanas, practising mindful breathing helps alleviate tension in the body and the mind. The sacral chakra may be brought back into balance with asanas such as bound angle, squat, goddess, and joyful baby.
4. Re-establish A Connection With Water
The sacral chakra is associated with the element of water and our capacity to move fluidly through change. You may reacquaint yourself with this component by spending quality time with water, such as swimming, sitting by a body of water (such as the ocean or a stream), or having a long, hot bath. Watsu is a treatment in which a person is gently held and directed in water. This therapy may also give a potent ritual for healing the sacral region.
Symptoms That Your Sacral Chakra Is Blocked
Because of the disruption in the flow of energy to this region, you may experience feelings of extreme disconnection if your sacral chakra is out of balance. This is because the element of water and your connection to positive emotions are related to this chakra. The benefits of this chakra may become more difficult for you to access. Having a blockage in the sacral chakra may cause a variety of emotional symptoms, including the following:
- Aversion to sensual pleasure
- Low libido
Suppose you have a healthy and balanced sacral chakra. In that case, you will have access to the energy source that fuels your creativity, movement, desire, pleasure, and interpersonal connections. When you find that you have difficulty accessing these sensations, you may want to think about ways in which you might repair the energy in your sacral chakra.
There is a possibility that you could have physical symptoms as a result of this chakra imbalance as well. These symptoms will normally manifest in the organs located in the area of the body that corresponds to the sacral chakra.
Sacral Chakra Stones & Crystals
- Carnelian, orange calcite, and amber are examples of stones with orange undertones that are connected with the sacral chakra. Citrine and tiger’s eye are two more useful stones for balancing the energy of the sacral chakra. Carnelian is a stone that inspires bravery, leadership, and innovation. It is said to be beneficial for balancing your sexual life and motivating you to work toward the objectives you have set for yourself.
- Orange calcite is known as a stone that promotes self-assurance and emotional stability. It is said to be a purifying practice for the sacral chakra.
- Amber is said to assist in establishing a connection with one’s intuition and reawakening the creative fire inside. In addition to this, it is said to aid in the removal of emotional barriers.
- Citrine is a bright stone that is supposed to assist with self-expression. It is an excellent choice for creative people experiencing obstruction, particularly if that barrier results from a misaligned sacral chakra.
- Tiger’s eye is a crystal that has a brown base with yellow stripes running through it. It is known for its ability to stimulate creativity while assisting with grounding.
To alleviate the symptoms of an imbalance in the second chakra, essential oils such as orange, ylang ylang, neroli, sandalwood, and lavender may be used topically.