Chandigarh serves as the capital city for both the states of Punjab and Haryana. Being the capital city of two states, Chandigarh is home to some of the best educational institutions in India. There are many schools in Chandigarh that foster some of the best alumni.
But before sending your ward to a certain school, you need to have a complete understanding of all of the available options. Therefore, we have compiled this list of some of the best schools in Chandigarh.
Top 8 Schools in Chandigarh
Here’s your guide to take your through the best schools in Chandigarh.
1. Saint Kabir Public School
- The year 1974 marked the beginning of Saint Kabir Public School’s existence. It is an unaided school open to both genders that adheres to the CBSE curriculum. The school educates students from kindergarten to the twelfth grade. All of the pupils at Saint Kabir Public School have excellent manners and are well-disciplined since the school places a strong emphasis on etiquette and follows a stringent code of conduct.
- The school has a large campus that is spread out over 5 acres of land, and it provides all of its pupils with outstanding infrastructure in all subject areas, including laboratories, playgrounds, theatres, and art rooms. Nowadays, mental health is given the same amount of importance as physical health.
2. Shivalik Public School
- The Shivalik Public School (SPS) is a residential and day school for both boys and girls that uses English as its primary language of instruction. It also has subsidiaries in the cities of Patiala and Nawanshahr in addition to Chandigarh. 1970 was the year of the institution’s founding, and it is affiliated with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- It is recognized as one of the most prominent educational institutions in the state of Punjab and welcomes students of all ages, from kindergarten to twelfth grade. This educational institution has the position of first in Mohali, third in Punjab, and 88th overall in India. In addition to that, this institution was ranked tenth in the country for the infrastructure it provides and sixth for the number of extracurricular activities in which its students participate.
- The language of teaching throughout the elementary, middle, and high school levels is English. The curriculum at this institution includes not just the sciences but also the arts and computer science. The acquisition of general information as well as moral education is an integral component of the academic program in schools. Both Hindi and Punjabi are taught to students as second languages, with Punjabi being a required subject up to the tenth grade.
- Two separate semesters make up an academic year that starts in April. The first term runs from April through September, while the second term runs from October until March. The first term begins in April and ends in September. The institution is widely regarded as being among the best schools in Chandigarh.
3. Carmel Convent Sr. Sec. School
- Carmel Convent School is a boarding school for female students only that was founded in the year 1959. The school has made it a priority to encourage all of the students, particularly the females, to graduate as self-assured, capable members of society. To support the development of each student, the school provides a wide variety of options for participation in a variety of extracurricular activities and clubs.
- The teachers at Carmel Convent are very committed individuals who work hard to fulfill their students’ educational goals and turn their dreams into reality. When it comes to matters of finances, the institution maintains a high level of openness.
4. Ajit Karam Singh International School
- Every year, the school achieves results that consistently rank among the top. The building at the school is large, and it has been outfitted in a way that makes the most of today’s technological advances. Students benefit greatly from the well-appointed smart classrooms, math and science labs, geography lab, library, computer lab, auditorium, and sports equipment that are all available to them.
- The school was established in 1983 and is now being managed by the National Educational Development Trust. Miss Ajit Karam Singh is the founder and Director of the organization. She is a competent administrator in addition to being a distinguished educationist. Our ongoing goal is to facilitate the students’ general growth by transferring information to them and creating a welcoming environment in which they may learn.
5. Kimberley International School
- The school was built on 14.5 acres of land and is situated in a nice rural environment approximately 40 kilometers away from Chandigarh, which is known as the “Corbusier” town of North India. It is also located in the foothills of the Shimla Hills. Kimberley is a school that was designed for the future. This is the first school in all of North India to provide a curriculum that is entirely based on international standards.
- It is connected in some way to Cambridge International Education in the United Kingdom. Kimberley is one of the schools in Chandigarh that is considered to be among the finest because of its dedication to providing children with an education that is of the highest possible standard, as well as one that is both rigorous and diverse.
6. St. Stephen’s
- In the year 1982, Harold Anthony Patrick Carver laid the groundwork for what would become his school. The number of students in each classroom ranges from 40 to 45. The school is associated with the ICSE board. Subjects such as Hindi/Punjabi, English literature and language, Computers, Mathematics, Business Studies, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Political Science, History, Geography, Economics, Art, and Physical Education are available to students in the tenth grade.
Read Here: Advantages Of Having Good Handwriting
7. Delhi Public School
- The school first opened its doors in 2003 and has since fostered an atmosphere that is conducive to the overall growth and development of each pupil. The building has state-of-the-art infrastructure, big classrooms, and facilities for several types of sports. Students at DPS are encouraged to become lifelong learners by developing their abilities as academic achievers, innovative thinkers, effective communicators, and empowered citizens.
- This is accomplished via a variety of learning activities. Over the last 10 years, the institution has educated more than 3,500 students and promotes the philosophy of ‘think local but act worldwide.’ Because of the school’s dedication to academic achievement, it is now considered to be one of the top schools in Chandigarh.
8. Sacred Heart Sr. Sec. School
- Sacred Heart Senior Secondary School is a school for the Christian minority that was founded in 1968 and is associated with the CBSE syllabus. The teaching staff of Sacred Heart Senior Secondary School has a very high level of education, and along with their dedication, they steer the students toward a bright and healthy future as responsible citizens of the nation.
- In addition to this, Sacred Heart School has achieved the reputation of being one of the most prominent schools in the area. The school has wonderful infrastructure and facilities that are conducive to the overall development of the students. It help the students explore their potential through a wide variety of activities. These facilities also contribute to the overall development of the students.