If you consider replacing your outdated gadget with a newer one by buying a new iPhone or an Apple Watch, you may want to read this first. Or, if you intend to sell your old Apple Watch along with your iPhone, you will need to unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone.
On the other hand, did you know that you may entirely disconnect your Apple Watch from your iPhone? In addition, if you have misplaced the password for your Apple Watch, there is no need for an alarm.
Reasons For Knowing How To Unpair Apple Watch
- Suppose your Apple Watch isn’t functioning correctly and standard troubleshooting steps like restarting, force restarting, quitting applications or upgrading to the most recent version of watchOS aren’t helping. In that case, you may want to try unpairing it.
- If you want to give your Apple Watch to a member of your family or sell it, it is essential that you de-pair it from your iPhone to ensure that the Watch may be associated with the iPhone of a new owner.
- If you forget the passcode for your Apple Watch, you will need to delete it and set it up again, at which point you will be able to generate a new passcode. Erasing the watch face is the most reliable method for fixing an Apple Watch frozen on the syncing or Apple logo screen.
- Last but not least, if you have entirely lost your Apple Watch and there is no way to retrieve it, you should consider erasing it remotely. You are now aware of the potential reasons you should disconnect the Apple Watch from the iPhone in your possession. Next, let’s look at the several methods that may be done.
- Please bear in mind that you won’t be able to use all of these strategies simultaneously in every situation. For instance, if your Watch is frozen, you won’t be able to delete anything from it using the settings on the device itself. In the same vein, if your Watch is far away, you won’t be able to utilise the Watch app; instead, you’ll have to use Find My Watch.
How To Unpair Watch From The Watch App?
The following steps must be taken to unpair Apple Watch from your iPhone:
- Launch the Watch app on the iPhone that has been linked with the Watch.
- Swipe left from the top to access the All Watches menu in the My Watch area.
- Tap the information button labelled with an I located next to the watch details.
- To unpair Apple Watch, tap your Apple Watch app and the Name app to confirm.
- This step is optional, but if you own an Apple Watch with cellular connectivity and you ever want to link the Watch with your iPhone again, you should maintain the cellular plan. Else, delete it.
- If prompted, enter the password associated with your Apple ID to deactivate Activation Lock.
You have successfully carried out the request to remove the pairing. Your iPhone will now begin creating a new backup of the Apple Watch, which may take some time. Your Apple Watch will be unpaired, its data will be deleted, and it will be able to be paired and set up again with any iPhone after this step is completed.
Read here- 6 Best Apple TV Remote App To Use In 2022
How To Unpair Apple Watch Using Apple Watch
You may delete the Apple Watch using the choices present on the device itself. Continuing with this procedure will not result in the Activation Lock being removed. As a direct consequence of this, no one but you will be able to set up this Watch to work with their iPhone. You have to proceed in the manner outlined above to solve this problem.
If you do not, the Activation Lock on this Apple watch will need that you enter the password associated with your Apple ID to be disabled.
- To see all of the applications, press the Digital Crown.
- Select the Settings app by tapping its icon.
- Tap General.
- Once you have reached the bottom, touch the Reset button.
- Select the Erase All Content and Settings option from the menu.
- If prompted, enter the passcode for the Watch.
- To finish, choose the Erase All option.